Subject: Re: 3d accelerators for PC
From: Stephen Bailey <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 12:37:52 -0500

At 09:39 PM 1/23/96 -0500, Agust wrote:
>HELP!
>
>I need to know the what is the fastest GUI/Render accel card out there,
>The top price I am looking for is 50.000$. I know this may sound abit=
 absurd
>but I=B4m looking for this to accel both rendering and to get realtime VRML
>stuff in hires.
>If anyone knows about ANY good accelerator cards let me know. I have heard
>something about a card called "Gloria", and I want more info on this one..
>Thanks in advance..

You should try reading the Usenet group "comp.graphics.api.opengl". There's
usually an updated FAQ there containing a comprehensive list of the latest
opengl hardware. Not to mention a wealth of both technical and non-technical
discussion on the topic.

I think the "Gloria" board is made by Elsa [Germany].

SGB

S.G. Bailey
Senior Lightwave Animator
Will Vinton Studios